31.12.09

The day I had an epiphany

I'm stubborn, I'll admit it. So when people try to tell me things to help, I at times don't fully take it into consideration. Today was different.
My boyfriend and I were having a conversation about my obsession with fashion and my lifestyle, and got into the topic of the quote I have on my blog, "To thine own self be true." He questioned whether I truly live by that. I presumed yes. After that though the conversation was like this:

him: wait..
    who are you?

me: what?
him: i dont know who you are..
me: ?
him: i dont understand all your mixed signals
    your happy..
    mad at yourself
    live through others compliments
    love running

  you love poetry 
  who are you?
me: i dont know
    i honestly could not answer that
    well not never
    but not now

him: then how can you be true to yourself?
    if you dont even know who to be true to?



This realization truly blew my mind. This showed the absolute contradiction amongst the different ideas I use to describe myself, but up until this point, I had never realized it. I was dumbfounded and amazed all at once. There was true beauty in that statement for me... how can you be true to yourself if you don't even know who you're being true to?


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails