12.2.13

Navy blue and a tattoo


Second post on the new bloggity and it feels good! You know what else feels good? I completely rearranged my room. I mean, come on guys, I have a chair in here now. A chair in my awesome little reading corner. I am definitely going to call it that.
Something else new: my tattoo! I am very much in love with it. It reads tibi ipsi esto fidelis, which means "to thine own self be true," a quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet. I've wanted it for years. Though meaningful in the context of Shakespeare's work, I also find meaning to it, stand alone, in context of my own life. Be true to yourself. Act in accordance to your own beliefs and desires, to your own identity. I struggled with this for years. I was constantly unsure of myself and extremely unhappy because of it. Now that I have gained confidence in the person I have become and have grown comfortable in my own skin, it feels so much better to be myself, no matter what other people think. 

*wearing: dress- modcloth, pumps- banana republic

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I love your tattoo - the meaning, the placement, the font. It's so pretty. And this outfit - goodness I love that dress! Those red pumps are so pretty - I love pops of red like that

<3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

nest + venture said...

1st of all: damn girl, look at dem legs! you look so great in those pumps. and I adore the tattoo, seems very you! so glad you're back at it :)

ShyScout said...

Gorgeous! You look amazing in that dress and your tattoo is perfect. I love the simplicity of it and meaning behind it :]

maggeygrace said...

UM, isn't rearranging/cleaning your room the best feeling in the world? It's in my top 3 favorite feelings ever category. Your tattoo! Your perfect dress! Your hair! That floral print chair! (I have two floral print arm chairs, dang you craigslist!) Those shoes!

You're perfect.

Marisa Noelle said...

Between the tattoo, chair, & dress I'm not sure which I love most but they are all beautiful :-). You look so pretty & doll-like in these photos.

xoxo Marisa

Cafe Fashionista said...

Gah! This dress is so cute on you, Theresa - I LOVE the babydoll aesthetic! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails