3.1.12

500 Days of Dinner


Yes, indeed, that is the bench. You know, it looks a lot different in the movie, 500 Days of Summer, but I suppose everything is supposed to look better in movies, visually and emotionally. Personally, I hate the plaque that they put on the back of it. It's so, I don't know, awfully cheesy. Done with a better camera and taken at a better angle though this first shot might have looked better. It was more of a matter of where you could take it though. Indie couples and just general people were overwhelming the place a bit, you know, waiting their turn to take a picture on the bench. The bench that Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt both sat on. But, eh, who could blame them. And when I said things certainly look better in the movies, I mean I really don't recall there being bums lined up on the grass in the park while watching the movie. 

Other than that though, it was quite nice how the filming seemed to have taken place all around the same downtown location of Los Angeles. It was authentic feeling knowing that they didn't shoot in some more upscale place in L.A. pretending to be downtown. I certainly am going to make it a point to go back later in the month to see more landmarks from the movie. The record shop (which is actually just a movie rental place) and the fountain are definitely on my list! 

currently listening to: she's got you high- mumm-ra

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails