3.6.11

In the Kitchen: Coconut Cookies

So this--this little recipe here--I had to share. It is super quick and equally delicious in all its chewiness. After a little conversation and coconut rant via twitter with the ever-amazing Miss Fi from Previously Owned, I just had to make these again and share, because with my coconut obsession, this quite possibly could be one of my favorite cookies. And how wrong would it be if I didn't share my favorite cookie recipe?? 

coconut COOKIES:

INGREDIENTS

yields about 36 cookies 
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare cookie sheets with foil.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until smooth. 
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Gradually  blend in the flour mixture. Lastly, mix in the coconut.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for about 12 minutes.

Enjoy! (Especially you, Fi!)

Okay, and honestly, why are cookies and desserts so photogenic? They make it so difficult not to overload recipe posts with images! And since we are on the topic of baking, I thought I'd let you all know I changed my name to Ina. Yup.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails