10.11.09

I’m gonna close my eyes and maybe it will go away.

Is there really any such thing as privacy anymore?

Or on the contrary, do we not allow ourselves privacy? People display everything about themselves on websites such as myspace and facebook. We do it for ourselves, for our friends, but many people seem to overlook the other general audience, those we don’t know. We have all heard about this millions of times, and the issue is quite tired, but that doesn’t make it any less of a threat.
Along with the dangers, people seem to forget whatever information or pictures you display on the internet is free territory. Meaning, those jobs you are applying to, colleges, and those family members you don’t quite want to know EVERYTHING about you, they all have access to it.
Lovely thought, isn’t it?

Even still, I argue for the right of privacy, the privacy of which I seem to have a great lack of.

Ironic that I am writing about this on a blog of my entire life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails