5.8.09

where did the good go?


As years have come to pass, I have come to make various realizations about humanity. One being, its existence seems to be disintegrating. People have become purely self absorbed beings. True philanthropy is almost nowhere to be found. In such an endless and unsatisfactory finding of these truths, I would like to be one person that contrasts from the pool of disapointment. I want to make a difference in someone's life, I want to make a difference in ten people's lives, I want to make a difference in the lives of many without a limit in mind for the rest of my life. I have come to experience the emptiness of life when in lonliness firsthand, and with the knowledge that this could possibly be one of the worst feelings in the world, I want to be able to rid that possibility from another's life. I would like to be there for someone, to free them from that extreme lack of hope that they may have encountered.
This past week, about three days out of the week, I took the time to help a former teamate prepare for her upcoming cross country season. Each day after helping her out, I had the biggest smile on my face just knowing that I had actually made a difference in her life, a small difference, but a difference nonetheless. To know that her confidence alone has strengthened makes me so much more than happy.
As cliche as I may sound, I want to make a difference.


"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one"
"Imagine" John Lennon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails