11.5.12

All done up like Ms. Joan

(dress- banana republic mad men 2012, shoes- banana republic mad men 2011)
I had an event at work yesterday, which required me to dress up, "elevated spring inspired." I figured it would be a perfect opportunity to wear this Joan Sheath dress from Banana Republic's Mad Men collection that I've had stashed away, waiting for a dressy occasion. I almost feel like I wasted the outfit on a little work event though. It could have been the perfect choice for a wedding. But I have had no wedding invites. Sad, sad. 
I got stopped by a woman in the mall who asked me where my dress was from and another woman in the store apparently told my manager that she must know my size and that she wanted the dress I was wearing right then. Silly people. I will say I'm pleasantly pleased with this beauty though!
I also really loved how my makeup came out! A bit of light pink and peach eyeshadow, with some shimmer on the inner corner of the eye, my mac fluidline in blacktrack and my ever-so-lovely Revlon lip butter in red velvet. Had I had time, I would have taken a picture of the back of my hair with was a french side braid into a braided bun. Pinterest has got me coming across such fantastic hair inspiration!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails