17.4.12

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

You know what kills me? Seasonal baked goods. (Ahem, yes Coffee Bean, I'm talking about you.) During the fall season, Coffee Bean made these incredible pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Every time I got coffee there, a muffin was a must. But I started noticing those muffins get more and more scarce, then, to my dismay, vanish. Dave was especially a fellow lover of these muffins. So for his birthday, rather than the usual cake, I figured out my own recipe for these guys, and I'm gonna say, they came out pretty darn close to the originals!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

print recipe here


INGREDIENTS
yields about 1 dozen muffins
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned or pureed pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.

Mix sugar, oil, eggs and add pumpkin and water. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Combine two mixtures and stir in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until thoroughly baked.

* Drizzle a cream cheese icing on the tops of the muffins once cooled, as I did, to add a bit of sweetness.

Enjoy! xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails