Edited by Retro Chick It never ceases to amaze me the quality and variety of links that get submitted to IFB each week and how hard it is to pick just 20. Fashion & Style Bloggers are intelligent, thoughtful and insightful people who really understand their subject. Whether it’s Second Hand Shopper questioning the distinction between fashion and style, Shrimp Salad Circus discussing how much of ourselves we should put into our blogs or a whole plethora of posts on the subject of body image.
Of course, we also love a bargain and this week we have a DIY Pillbox Hat, tips on thrift shopping the Spring trends and a gorgeous giveaway.
I really would urge you to take the time to check out the links that didn’t make it in the forums. I don’t think there’s a bad post among them….
Links à la Mode : April 1
- Alyson Is Neat – Revealing secrets on how to go into a store and not purchase clothing.
- Awakened Aesthetic – How to live green, without giving up the “unethical” stuff you already have.
- blackdog finds – How to Thrift Shop for Spring 2010 Fashion Trends:
- British Style Bloggers – A preview of the finalé of British Style Bloggers’ Body Image Season, including a random and rambling tour of BSB’s head office (aka my house).
- DailyDivaDish – Spanx for Men: Is shapewear for men really going mainstream? Why I think it’s a bad idea.
- Despising Life is So Passe – Pillbox Hat DIY
- Eternal Masquerade – Monroe Monday: A Look At What the Wardrobe Should Mean to Every Woman
- Grit and Glamour – A signature fragrance is your invisible identity—it becomes part of your brand
- High Fashion Girl – I write about Lady Gaga like you’ve NEVER read about her before.
- Idiosyncratic Style – A Peek at the life and style of illustrator Rachelle Scarfo
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – How to make your blog mobile friendly
- Oh, the Places You'll Go! – Fatsionable Art and Inspiration from Eva Hannah.
- Retro Chick – How every girl can be a Princess
- Second Hand Shopper – Second hand shopper pits the escapism of fashion against the expressionism of style
- Shoulderache & The Closet – The most expensive wool in the world!
- Shrimp Salad Circus – How much of yourself should you put ‘out there?’
- The Demoiselles – Graceful Empowerment Comes in All Forms (including that of eating the other guy’s tacos).
- The Greyest Ghost – Behind the scenes of the Chanel f/w 2010 ad campaign in NYC with Abbey Lee Kershaw, Freja Beha Erichsen, and Karl Lagerfeld.
- The New Wave – Going once, going twice, SOLD! A visit to the Brooklyn Museum Costume Collection auction.
- The Well-Appointed Catwalk – Highlights and my impressions of “Health Matters: Weight and Wellness in the World of Fashion,” a panel discussion I attended featuring Anna Wintour, Michael Kors and Natalia Vodianova.
- True Queen – Examining the use of fur by designers on the runways of the Fall 2010 fashion shows.
- Unfunded – Unfunded teams up with the U.K. retailer NEXT for an awesome giveaway!