28.10.09

we all seem so untrue


I woke up today, in a bit of a boyish mood. I didn’t intend on that earning me the opinion from my grandma that I was dressed like Ellen Degeneres. From her standpoint, I’m not exactly sure if that was a good thing or not, but either way, I don’t mind. I’m an Ellen fan. I mean how much more awesome can you get than Ellen?

But then I thought again, maybe she meant that I was dressed to fit the stereotypical image of a lesbian.
After thinking that idea through though, I realized, how on earth does a sexual orientation look a certain way? I mean, it’s not like lesbian is a race of its own. For example, you can make the judgment, “hey, that person has Mexican characteristics,” but you can’t go and say, “Well that person certainly has the nose of a lesbian.” The same thing goes for gays. Just because a guy takes a certain interest in fashion and clothing doesn’t automatically mean that he is gay.

But hey, that’s just my opinion.

 
Since we’re on the topic of lesbians, I’m just going to throw out there that I cannot wait to get Tegan & Sara’s new album, Sainthood! They are incredible. I love how despite the opinion of others, they stay true to themselves. In an interview, they mentioned how they had showed up to a photo shoot on time, only to find that they had expected them to wear dresses, of all things, dresses. That was a failure on the stylist’s part, as they refused to go near the dresses because it wasn’t them at all. Why would you want them to represent something they are not anyway? I personally find their personal style to be very appealing.
 



 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails